Monday, September 22, 2014

Tortilla De Patatas | Spanish Omelette

Tortilla De Patatas
Tortilla De Patatas is a Spanish potato omelette, a speciality of Spain, which is filling & tempting. This is a picnic dish in Spain, which is served in to bite size cubes & served with cock tail sticks, but you can also make this dish for breakfast & as brunch for lazy weekends.
Potatoes & onions are the vegetables I used as it was authentic. You can add your choice of finely chopped vegetables in additions to potatoes & onions. 
We Indians love our food to be little spicy & when it comes to me I love food much spicier than the normal limits. Tortilla De Patata is very mild in taste, so to satisfy my taste buds I added a pinch of chili powder along with black pepper to make it spicy.
To know what my other friends are cooking, check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM# 44
Tortilla De Patatas
Adapted from here.
Prep Time-10mins | Cook Time-20mins | Serves-3people
Ingredients
2Potatoes thinly slices
1medium onion chopped
6Egg whites 
Few cilantro leaves chopped
2Tsp Black Pepper / chili powder for taste { Adjst as needed}
Salt for taste
2Tbs oil for potatoes & onion + 1Tbs oil for omelete 
Directions 
- Thin slice potatoes as shown in the picture. 
- Heat a non-stick pan with oil. To that add potatoes & onions. 
- Cook on medium heat for few minutes, then check if potatoes are cooked by pricking them with a tooth peck. 
- Once potatoes are cooked perfectly, switch off heat & keep aside. 
- Mean while break eggs in to a big bowl while separating yellow from whites.
- Add enough salt & pepper & whisk it lightly. 
- Add cooked onions & potatoes to the egg mixture along with coriander leaves. Mix in well. Adjust salt & pepper if needed.
- Heat a non-stick wide pan with oil & add the egg mixture to it. 
- Cook on low heat till a nice crust is formed. Now flip carefully & cook other side too.
- Do a tooth pick check & if it comes out clean switch off heat. 
- Transfer it to a plate. Cut in to pieces & serve. 
Note
- I made 2 mini omelette's with this recipe. 
Tortilla De Patatas
Follow me on "Facebook", "Google+", "Pinterest" for daily updates. Leave me a comment on any queries regarding this recipe & I will be able to answer it for you as soon as possible.





12 comments:

  1. That's one filling omelette..very lovely pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most popular dishes of this country. .I remember my uncle making it. .he had lived all his life in Spain. You have done a real good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tortilla de patatas sounds prefect for me to have a filling meal, lovely spread there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even I like spicy food and always add a bit of chili powder to spice it up. Spanish omelette looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see how this would be picnic food. The omelette bites look really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic recipe selection and wonderfully presented :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting addition of potatoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fluffy and colorful omelet. I have this on my to-make list for a long time. I think my kids will love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this last year on my blog and loved it perfect for breakfast. Yours looks so good too

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though I dont eat eggs, this looks like a filling meal...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful omelette, I love the way you have presented it,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omelette looks so beautiful and delicious .

    ReplyDelete